- Find joy in life even though it is not fair and I have been given much more time and gifts than I possibly deserve.
2. DO NOT read the news everyday. Make small talk or change the topic with people who dwell on catastrophe and politics. I can never correct all the damage done by my people and my culture but I can make my own personal amends. I do not need to be sold on the right path. Remember that this path is not likely to be approved by my family, workplace or any major sponsor!
2. Dance everyday even though I am a terrible dancer. This includes the cage dance I was invited to do at the playground downtown. Thank you, Schatzie Schaeffer I had almost gotten to 9 pm without a healthy pole dance.
3. Remember to let my glasses fall into the port-a-potty once in awhile. I did this at The Three Baron’s Faire and immediately plucked them out. I should have let them sit there a bit and taken a photo.
4. Don’t expect my roommate not to eat my ice cream when he gets up with the munchies. Don’t expect him to replace it either. It is a losing battle and not that important but I can buy ridiculous flavors which might gross him out like mango-turnip crunch with chia.
5. Do write, to keep in touch with friends and to let out my hopes and fears which as the song says are “baked into a beautiful pie.”
6. Keep on riding the unicycle even though I bruised my rib and can still feel it when I go to bed. I may be a sensitive person. I cry easily and I want people to like me but I am not giving up yet. As one of my therapists told me, “don’t fire yourself, let them fire you.”
7. Wear the clown nose when I am driving, except when I have to sneeze.
8. Always stop for unicorns.