1. This years decline in profits for British Petroleum
You’ve got the Olympics damn you, be happy with that!
2. Anything Michael Phelps loses.
How much is too much? I think we reached that a long time ago. Time for another toke Michael.
3. Outraged facebook posts about Mitt Romney or on gay marriage and Chick -fil-A
Do you think I’m so ignorant I don’t read the news? I am not reading your post as news. I assume everything I read online is either humor or rubbish. As is this post.
4. While on the topic of facebook – your posting of photos of violated dogs did not make me cry
They don’t make me sad, they don’t make me sick. They make me block you. The lady with dead fetus poster who stands down the street from where I work- is she your facebook friend?
5. Fracking disasters
Not sad, no way. Serves us right. We learn the hard way.
6.Long recession, pensions going down the tubes?
Did you know that The Black Death killed so many people that wages rose in Europe? I refuse to think there are easy answers so I’ll have fun with the improbably obscure ones.
7. Speaking of The Plague, I am unmoved by threats of killer viruses, computer or otherwise.
So many threats to my health and that of my internet capable devices that I care not. For all I know, I’m just a big germ or a computer virus.
8. The disappearance of lasting relationships and the value of hard work in today’s society
Goodness gracious, the antidepressants must be working because I could care less. Most relationships have their element of violence which either makes or breaks them. It’s certainly not for me to say what’s better. I heard on NPR that hard work became a value only after the reformation because before that people felt strongly that it could kill you. They might be right.
10. Anything Angelina Jolie or Bono cares about
They can take care of it. They don’t need my help despite how angry or sad it makes them look. I don’t feel obligated to give them more points in heaven. I need to hoard my own points.
9. The falling science scores of American students
We’re the entertainment capital of the world and we were expecting Einstein? Didn’t he move here to be near Marilyn Monroe? Maybe someone else actually can take over big Pharma and let us write the songs that make the whole world sing…